Of course, no dreams could be achieved without some set-backs along the way. I probably should not even call them set-backs, more like speed bumps! We took our trip to Hawaii last month, and it was absolutely marvelous! Gorgeous, relaxing, and rejuvenating all at the same time. But financially, as I have mentioned in previous posts, it was probably not one of our wisest decisions. We pretty much kept on our meager budget while there, but then I got the sudden "I'd better get presents for people" bug at the airport and hastily purchased over-priced items at the last minute, leaving us pretty broke. Then, Mark's usual overtime-laden upcoming checks had the standard 40-hour vacation pay - and none of my days were paid at all. "Oh, we'll be fine" is easy to say while you're ON the vacation - but these past couple of weeks have been rough, completely throwing off our carefully planned budget. Add to that Mark's company deciding to change his pay cycle from weekly to bimonthly, and we're left with a couple of weeks with no pay check.
Then, I spent hours preparing and applying for a principal's position, which alas, I did not get. With only financial gains in mind, I have now put my resume out all over rural Alaska. We shall see on that one. It's getting a little late in the game with positions filling fast.
In the meantime, I continue to research rigs and read books. I am currently finishing RV Traveling Tales: Women's Journeys on the Open Road, edited by Jaimie Hall and Alice Zyetz. It truly inspires me to keep going, and keep our "eyes on the prize" when reading these inspirational stories. I have now added Newfoundland and Allendes de Miguel, Mexico, to our list of places to see!
The budget awaits and - as soon as some actual income to budget arrives - will get back on track!
No comments:
Post a Comment